Data Engineer (m/f/d)
Data Platform - full-time - Munich
We’re looking for a Data Engineer for our Data Platform to become part of our outstanding development team in Munich. You are responsible to develop new features that help us to improve our data gathering and event processing products. If you love to continuously improve and deliver high quality software - then Stylight is the place to be for you!
- Provide and maintain central data infrastructure built around AWS Redshift
- Improve our event infrastructure to collect event data from our different systems
- Scale our ETL processes building on top of Open Source products like Apache Airflow, Kubernetes
- Mentor engineering team to build scalable and reliable data products
- Enable other departments to make data-informed decisions by utilizing data products that help teams to create reports, monitor performance and make use of data provided by Stylight teams
- You have mastered at least one programming language, we mostly use Python3
- You have working experience between 2 and 5 years
- You have strong communication skills and you are able to explain technical topics to non-technical persons
- You have gained experience with event processing, SQL, AWS and building/integrating APIs
- You care not only about your code but also about Ops part of the story like deployment, monitoring and scaling for our growing demand
- We work in scrum cycles of two weeks in a team of 4
- We love high-quality code and software that is tested automatically
- We take responsibility and ownership for the software we produce
- We are curious about our data and always eager to improve the decision-making process
Why Join Stylight?
- Stylight is #1 Meetup organizer in Munich, and deeply involved in the local tech community.
- We organize daho.am, our own annual developer conference. Top-notch speakers and over 1,000 attendees.
- International & highly motivated environment with open business culture in all departments.
- Hands-on work after quick ramp up & openness to new solutions and improvements.
- A personal development budget is given to you to use throughout the year for personal growth.
- We have one of the coolest office spaces in Munich (and actually in Germany).
- Experience Munich: Our office is in the city-center, and just a 10-minute walk to the nearest Biergarten.
- Want to know more? Check out: about.stylight.com and tech.stylight.com.
Up for the Challenge?
Then do not hesitate and apply today. We are looking forward to receiving your complete application (CV, cover letter)! Your contact: Elisabeth Emde.