Data Scientist (d/f/m)
Quality Traffic Monetization - full-time - Munich
We’re looking for a Data Scientist to become part of our outstanding team in Munich. As part of a cross-functional team of engineers, data scientists, and product owners you will be responsible for designing, implementing, optimizing, and evaluating our ranking algorithms. If you love seeing your ideas blossom through their whole life-cycle from concept to governing the interaction with millions of users - then Stylight is the place to be for you!
Your Key Responsibilities
- Develop our ranking algorithm by integrating various input data and experimenting with customized ranking approaches.
- Evaluate algorithm performance and identify improvement opportunities and optimization potential.
- Push to bring new ideas into production and apply state of the art models while always keeping business priorities and technical feasibility in mind.
- Determine new evaluation metrics and techniques to anticipate test performances and better evaluate the impact of our actions
- Experience formulating solution-oriented ideas and bringing them into production
- A Master’s or Ph.D. in Stats, Math, Physics, Computer Science, or another quantitative field.
- 2+ years experience working with data science or machine learning.
- An exceptional understanding of data analysis, statistics concepts and experience applying them.
- An excellent understanding of SQL. Experience with big data technologies (i.e BigQuery, etc.) would be a plus.
- You have python coding knowledge sufficient to build prototypes and analyse large data sets.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence in presenting ideas and findings.
- You work well independently and prioritize effectively.
Your Future Team
- We’re an international team with different backgrounds: Machine Learning, Data Science, Engineering.
- We love solving problems with a pragmatic approach - good enough is better than perfect.
- We work in two-week sprints, value autonomy, open communication and having few meetings.
- We love Slack. Besides sharing bad jokes and memes, it’s also where our alerts show up.
Why join Stylight?
- With more than 120M yearly shoppers in 16 countries and >1,500 shops we are the largest lead generation aggregator within the fashion, home&living and beauty space.
- Hands-on work after quick ramp up & openness to new solutions and improvements.
- Stylight is the #1 Meetup organizer in Munich and deeply involved in the local tech community.
- We'll give you a personal development budget, go to conferences, buy books, and grow with us.
- International and diverse workplace: 44% are non-German and 65% female.
- Together with Bits & Pretzels, we host daho.am, an annual developer conference with top-notch speakers and over 800 attendees.
- We have one of the best office spaces in Munich (and actually in Germany)
- Experience Munich: Our office is in the city center, and just a 10 minutes walk from the nearest Biergarten.
- Want to know more? Check out: about.stylight.com and blog.stylight.com // tech.stylight.com.
Up for the challenge?
If you want to work in a fun, exciting, challenging and dedicated environment, then don't hesitate and apply today via about.stylight.com/jobs. We're looking forward to reading your complete application (cover letter, CV) in English! Your contact: Laura Grassl.