Lead Software Engineer (d/f/m)
Frontend - full-time - Munich
We are looking for an experienced software engineer who wants to make an impact. We’re a fashion company but you won’t have to wear the latest Karl Lagerfeld. A hoodie or your favorite Docker shirt will do just fine. You don’t even need to like fashion at all, but a certain admiration for Brian Goetz or Martin Fowler is always appreciated. You don’t speak German? No big deal, we use English as our main language.
- The website team is currently composed of 2 engineers and a product owner who are building the website to delight millions of users.
- We work in an Agile environment, visualize our tasks on virtual boards, and do pair-programming.
- We <3 Slack. We have our own bot and have integrated our toolchain (CircleCI, Datadog, NodePing...)
Our Tech Stack
- Backend: Java - yes we love the JVM. We run everything on Amazon Web Services. We are currently breaking it into smaller pieces. Want to get your hands dirty on microservices? This is the place.
- Frontend: Call us minimalists, but we love straight JS, SASS and handlebars.
- We use Docker to deploy everything, and among others Resilience4j, Datadog, Proctor...
- Enjoy what you do, and be willing to coach and guide your peers.
- Help us build and monitor our highly scalable architecture to support Stylight’s growth. Think big picture. We take pride in building a highly performant and failure resistant platform with a small team.
- Foster technical excellence in the team and clearly communicate your vision to all stakeholders. We are big on unit testing, integration testing and code reviews.
- Bring your best practices, challenge the status quo and set things in motion.
- You have solid expertise developing and maintaining various systems.
- You can prioritize considering both technical and business value, as well as clearly communicate your position.
- You’ve already built a solid foundation and are willing to coach and guide your teammates.
- You have a “You build it, you run it”-mentality. AWS, Docker and other DevOps technologies are a plus!
- You can recompile your Linux kernel blindfolded. J/k. But it still would be nice if you can grep logs and script your way out of repetitiveness (be it in Python, Ruby, or else).
- You don’t test in production like Chuck Norris. You have experience in Agile environments.
- You have appreciation for working in a diverse and interdisciplinary environment.
Why join Stylight?
- Shape the way Stylight grows! With 160m yearly shoppers in 16 countries and >1,500 shops we are the world's leading online search platform for Fashion, Beauty, and Design.
- Worldwide vibes! Our team is made up of individuals from over 25 countries, who speak 41 languages, and represent many different backgrounds. You will be inspired by talented colleagues from around the world.
- Curiosity is our compass! We support and encourage you in achieving your goals by providing you with an annual personal development budget of 2.000EUR and 3 personal development days, that you may use for external trainings. All while you obtain regular feedback sessions with your peers and manager.
- Always one step ahead! Bi-monthly Innovation Days foster knowledge sharing throughout the whole company.
- Hybrid Working Model: Balance is the key to our success! We give you the ability and flexibility to manage your own work and personal life, through a mix of office, remote and semi-remote opportunities.
- Vacation counts! Whether you plan a family vacation or to visit your friends back home – 27 days of paid vacation + Christmas and New Year’s day are all yours! And let’s not forget the yearly extra day you get for the first 3 years of company affiliation.
- You are not alone! You will be assigned a buddy who will help you navigate through your first weeks of onboarding.
- Prost, Cheers, Salute! We celebrate our success in every language!
Up for the challenge?
If you want to work in a fun, exciting, challenging and dedicated environment, then don't hesitate and apply today via
about.stylight.com/jobs. We're looking forward to reading your application (CV only is fine!)) in English! Your contact: Sebastian Breuer.