Software Engineer - Backend (d/f/m)
Quality Traffic Monetization - full-time - Munich
At Stylight, we’re on a mission to build the world’s best search platform for Fashion, Beauty and Design. We're always looking for talent to join our engineering team, and help connect millions of users with their favorite products across 16 countries.
You’ll get to work with systems that handle thousands of requests per second, from custom analytics solutions to multi-regional search and ranking pipelines. We operate at a scale of billions of data points per month, which means you'll never run out of fun challenges waiting to be solved. Sounds exciting? Read on!
Your future team
- We’re an international team with different backgrounds: Machine Learning, Data Science, Engineering.
- We love solving problems with a pragmatic approach - good enough is better than perfect.
- We work in two-week sprints, value autonomy, open communication and having few meetings.
- We love Slack. Besides sharing bad jokes and memes, it’s also where our alerts show up.
Your Key Responsibilities
- Build, deploy, and monitor our live systems across four global regions.
- Implement, deploy and AB test new features for millions of website visitors.
- Foster technical excellence within the team, and contribute engineering best practices.
- Help us grow our engineering culture, from knowledge sharing sessions to hackathons.
- At least 4 years of relevant experience in a software development role.
- Proficient with Python, Scala or Java. Willingness to learn new languages.
- Demonstrated experience with one or more of the following topics: Search Infrastructure, Distributed Systems, Machine Learning or Batch Processing (Terabyte-scale).
- Big plus: working knowledge of Docker, Elasticsearch, Kubernetes, Spark or BigQuery.
Our Tech Stack
- Most of our services are written in either Python or Scala.
- We run our systems on AWS, and Google Cloud Platform.
- We use CircleCI to test, package, and deploy Docker containers to Kubernetes.
- We monitor our services with Datadog, Kibana, Sentry, Cloudwatch, and PagerDuty.
Why join Stylight?
- Shape the way Stylight grows! With 160m yearly shoppers in 16 countries and >1,500 shops we are the world's leading online search platform for Fashion, Beauty, and Design.
- Worldwide vibes! Our team is made up of individuals from over 25 countries, who speak 41 languages, and represent many different backgrounds. You will be inspired by talented colleagues from around the world.
- Curiosity is our compass! We support you in achieving your goals by providing you with an annual personal development budget and days as well as regular feedback sessions with your peers and manager.
- Always one step ahead! Bi-monthly Innovation Days foster knowledge sharing throughout the whole company.
- Hybrid Working Model: Balance is the key to our success! Through a mix of office, remote and semi-remote opportunities, we give you the ability to manage your own work and personal life.
- You are not alone! You will be assigned a buddy who will help you navigate through your first weeks of onboarding.
- Prost, Cheers, Salute ! We celebrate our success in every language!
Up for the challenge?
If you want to work in a fun, exciting, challenging and dedicated environment, then don't hesitate and apply today via about.stylight.com/jobs. We're looking forward to reading your application (CV only is fine) in English! Your contact: Sebastian Breuer.